Okay so for those of you who know me you know that that title is a big fat lie. I am trying to be patient, but with this little one dropping lower by the day and still managing to stretch its way out I am pretty much just staring at my belly and hoping that telepathically my baby hears me say "come out, come out, COME OUT!".
Other than doing that I have been running lots of last minute errands to get this house & myself baby ready. I'm pretty much convinced that there is no store that will do this entirely for me, but I am sure trying. Chase & I have been going through nesting together. We've cleaned out closets & made bigger messes than we had before but things are getting cleared away to make more room for the new. Every time I look in a cabinet, closet, or drawer I am struck with the need to clean it out & reorganize it. So yes, nesting is in full swing here! All the nesting distracts me momentarily from the fact that my feet & hands are enormously swollen and my back is incredibly uncomfortable. As soon as I take a break to put my feet up the telepathic staring at my belly begins once again. I mean is it too much to ask to meet this little person I've been growing for the last 9.5 months??
On to what you really want to know...
Baby Progress:
As of my appointment on Tuesday we got to see Baby Pepper on our last ultrasound. It was much different than the last since baby is so big now. Before Pepper's body took up the whole screen, now just his/her head takes up the entire thing! Same with leg bones, arm bones, etc. We found out baby has hair! I am pretty excited about that since I was bald until I was about 1 year old. The way the hair looked on the ultrasound looked a bit patchy and just in one spot...so, not so excited about that! Hopefully there will be more or if not then fingers crossed for an awesome kid who has the power to pull it off in style ;)
Pepper is just 2 oz under 7lbs already & the doc estimates that when born baby will be 7lb-7.5lbs. Mama likes that because I am not too keen on pushing out an 8lber or bigger! Plus babies are just so adorable when they are tiny & feel like a baby for longer.
Everything else looked good on the ultrasound; organs are all there and appropriate and bones are looking good & measuring as they should.
As for me, I am measuring 2cm dilated now. Doc said she thinks the baby could come at any time. We did make an appointment to induce next Wednesday if nothing happens on it's own. I am hoping & praying that Baby gets a little less homey in there and decides to greet us with his/her presence earlier. But if not he/she will have a bit of help & after some discomfort I am hoping to have some relief from this back and leg pain...and an adorable baby to call my own, of course!
So stay tuned for more baby news &, if you feel like it, throw some labor prayers my way ;)
XO- The Culpeppers
1 comment:
Once you make a date to evict them, they'll come on their own :) At least thats what Jacob did- so hoping little pepper does the same thing!
Post a Comment