Monday, March 19, 2012

In the Details

Well if you're wondering if you've missed out on anything, let me assure you, you haven't.  Baby is like his/her mom & dad as stubborn as can be.  I am having lots of pressure and pain as though you'd think baby would be pushing it's way down to meet us, but there has been no labor.  I am feeling like a super sized version of myself & putting on clothes is not my fav right now.  My sweats and my bed suit me best.  But the anticipation & discomfort will soon be over...very soon.  Baby will be here by Thursday!  I have pretty much given up hope of going into labor on my own before the induction date, although I guess we have right up until Wednesday evening.  It will truly be Chase's child if it chooses to surprise us at the very last minute with an early arrival ;)  We have decided to for sure induce & I am very, very excited to meet this little one.  Not so excited about how we'll be getting to the meeting...but I figure teenagers on MTV do this, so I've gotta be able to handle it.  (...right?)


The last couple of days we have been finishing up last minute things that need to be done as well as trying to spend as much time lounging on the couch or in the theatre room with each other.  It's been really nice being just the two of us, & while I know becoming a trio will take some adjusting, we're excited for it.  Hopefully our kid can hang with us; I mean Chase & I have gotten pretty good at being together over the last 10 years...we don't gel well with just anybody ;)  But kidding aside we cannot wait to find out-pink or blue, dark hair or light hair, hyper or sleepy head, chase's features or my features...we will soon see!!


Here are some photos from the book case  in the nursery.  I am loving the details in the shelves.


Corner Bookcase <3

Who doesn't need a weiner dog book end?

Right?

Had to put the fan favorite pic of mommy & daddy

Ready for play time, story time, & cuddle time!

These guys peeking down are adorable!
So tomorrow is our last full day at home just us.  I plan to sleep in & then get a little housework done, followed by a nice evening at home with the hubs.  It's going to be lovely :)


XO- The Culpeppers

No comments: