Now Miss Alyssa has been threatening to crawl any day now and Chase & I take turns coaxing her on. Tonight I was up and since she had her eye on my phone I decided to play the game that she oh so loves, "move that toy just as you get it within your grasp". So she got into position and was stretching a wiggling toward that unobtainable cellular device & when that just wouldn't do it baby girl propped herself up onto her knees & using her elbows instead of her hands she crawled right on over to it. I began speaking at the most ridiculous high pitched decibel yelling at Chase, "do you see her, DO YOU SEE HER?!", looking back from Chase's face to my crawling baby feverishly like I'm watching Wimbledon tears welled up in my eyes. I sniffled at Chase, "I think I'm going to cry...", to which he laughed & said, "I think you already are" and he snapped this priceless photo.
Alyssa is truly a Culpepper & her daddy's child because she looked up after crawling & held her hand out as if to say "high five for my wicked new moves mom!".
So October 16th, 2012 will go down in the books as the day baby & mommy switched places. She crawled like a big girl and reached back for a high five for her skills & I cried like a baby not believing how fast time flies.
XO-The Culpeppers
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment