Friday, June 7, 2013

Beach Babe

A couple of weekends ago I got off work late one night and fought the Memorial Day weekend traffic down to Galveston so that I could stay in the beautiful Drake retreat & spend some much needed time with my sis Lex, who was in town with my adorable niece & nephew.  Alyssa was already there waiting to greet me.  We had a great evening catching up until late into the night & then I was woken up early by the beautiful Galveston sun & noisy seagulls for a day at the beach! 

This was Alyssa's first time & something I'm sure daddy was not happy missing out on.  Fortunately he didn't miss out on much.  Turns out the beach turns baby girl into a flamingo in that she pretty much hated the sand.  What I envisioned to be a trip spent trying to keep her from eating the sand I, instead, spent my time trying to get her to give the sand a chance.  She fussed and whined and only wanted to be held by myself or Grammy.  Eventually she lightened up and would sit on the towel playing with mommy's water bottle and even before we left Grammy got her to enjoy dipping her little bottom into the waves.  So no worries for daddy, there will need to be another "first" trip with, hopefully, better memories.

Here are some photos from the day.


DSC05966

DSC05978

DSC05968

DSC05984

DSC05990

DSC05995

DSC05998

DSC06001

DSC06007

DSC06022
 
XO-The Culpeppers 

No comments: