Saturday, October 22, 2011

17 Weeks

Not too much to report this week.  Quick survey!
Size of the Baby: Size of a turnip.  This week baby is 5oz & 5 inches.  Can feel baby every now & then moving.  I can feel it now without having to really concentrate on if it's really baby.
Total Weight Gain: I'm avoiding the scale currently.  I have a feeling that my expanding waist line is telling me the numbers on the scale have changed a bit...
Gender: It's a........................??
What I miss: Definitely really missing fitting into my old clothes right now.  That and a strawberry margarita was really calling my name the other night.  
Cravings: Sour candy, green apples, baked potatoes, grape snow cones, yogurt, water, spinach salad with dried red peppers-cucumbers-feta cheese-& catalina dressing...Mmm
Symptoms: Nausea is getting better, thankfully.  I've discovered that after eating if I lay down it's worse, so I'm trying to avoid that.  Other than that my skin has decided to strike against the hormones that are flaring up again & my face looks like a teenager's.  Not to mention my neck...Not really sure who these people are that think pregnancy is sexy.  Pretty sure it must be other people who have that mystical "glow".  I'm glowing alright...my acne glows a nice pinkish-red all over my face!
What I'm Reading: Still trucking through babywise....It's like reading a book for school.  They are telling me everything not to do first rather than just skipping to the secrets they claim to have to training your baby to sleep through the night and become a happy genius.  sigh...
Best Moment of the Week: This is my best and a little bit scariest moment; seeing my belly pop out even more.  I really think it took this whole week to just continually grow outward.  I would get used to seeing myself with a pooch, then a bit of a bump, and now it's like "hello world, this girl is knocked up".  None of my old clothes fit anymore. I can't get away with wearing my old jeans unbuttoned with a hair tie to clasp them.  My old shirts that I always thought, "I can totally wear this when I'm prego", yeah not so much...Guess the 5 things I bought from the mommy to be store will have to some how be re-accessorized multiple times to keep me looking cute through out the next...oh, 23 weeks!


And to prove my case...my belly in all it's glory.


Wowza
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, see you all next week! 
XO- The Knocked Up One



1 comment:

Mom Drake said...

You are pretty as ever...the baby bump is adorable!!!