Saturday, September 17, 2011

12 Weeks

Here we are at a pivotal week.  It's the end of the first trimester this week and the beginning of the maturing & maintenance phase for baby Pepper.  I am excited to have made it this far & ready to feel some relief from this nausea!  
We kicked off week 12 with a full day of doctors appointments.  First to the OB where they had me empty my bladder that I had been working on getting as full as could be for the ultrascreen (as ordered...not just for fun).  So all that drinking even though I felt like I would burst and walking like I was holding in niagra to my appointment meant nothing because in the first 5 seconds they uttered the words..."we need a small urine sample".  Small?!  Are they joking??  So anyway, I wont take you on the journey in to the bathroom, but I definitely had mixed feelings about it.  Chase laughed the whole time, so at least someone enjoyed it.  After the sample was over with they weighed me (another favorite of mine) and then we waited for the doc to come in and give me a one over.  We got to hear little boo's heart beat for the first time, which was pretty crazy/amazing.  The heart rate was a strong 168.  Chase is now fearful his plans for a boy have been destroyed after I told him that some people believe a faster heart rate equals a girl.  I am secretly super psyched that there is hope for  bows, tutus, and lots of pink!...okay, maybe not so secret.
After this appointment we headed to the med tower to the floor where we will one day be meeting our new Culpepper.  So far I am loving the floor and it has a very lovely waiting room; a little fyi for all of those who will be making that your living space until our little boy or girl makes their arrival.  The ultrascreen was a success this time.  Baby was big enough and the tech said that the measurement was way under what they are worried about for  Down's and other birth deffects/disorders.  So doing a little mental dance about that we will have to wait to hear the official word some time next week.  
So now on to the part you guys really want....PICTURES!  Here are the pics we got from the ultrascreen.  Again, not the best because apparently these techs don't have a photographic eye, but pics of our adorableness none the less.

Looks like me...?

Looks like Chase...?

I told the lady no pictures with this measuring tape!
Ugh!

Still adorbs tho

So picture baby laying on his/her back.
These are the legs and feet in the air.
Pretty flippin' cute, right??

Okay so I wont make fun of you if you can't tell what this is.
Because honestly I only know because I was there...& even then...?
So you're looking at the top of baby's head.  The squiggly thing on it's right side is it's hand.
See it?? It's protecting it's face like a boxer.  We have a Rocky on our hands!

So this is the left arm.  You are looking at the baby from the side again
and the arm is bent at the elbow and the hand is up near his/her face.
Hopefully I painted you a perfect picture & you are all pros at reading ultrasounds now ;)
Now on to your second favorite part...Survey!

Size of baby: Baby has graduated to the size of a plum!  He/She is now over 2" long!...so why do I feel like I've got a half dozen plums in there??
Total Weight Gain: Losing weight again!  Woohoo....I'm enjoying it while it lasts :)
Gender: Heart rate at 11wks-147 (boy?)  Heart rate at 12wks-168 (girl?)
What I miss: Still craving a strawberry margarita like mad...& it only gets worse when Chase drinks things like this in front of me-
Thanks honey... 
Cravings: As I've mentioned, I just basically get something in my mind and then have to have it.  This week it was Kolaches...
Oh & baked potatos have made a come back.  I'm pretty sure my baby is going to love carbs.  Oops!
Symptoms: Do I even have to type it.....nausea! Oh how I cannot wait for this to end.
What I'm reading: I've slacked at reading this week.  I am in the process of hunting down the Baby Bargains book because it was recommended to me by my girlfriend who is prego right now as well and says it's her bible.  So to that I said "um, yes please".  Of course in true Culpepper fashion I am looking for the cheapest copy I can find used ;)  What?...gotta start the bargaining off right!
Best Moment this week: Hearing Poppy's heart beat and then seeing him/her move again.  A big wake up that, oh yeah...there is definitely something in there!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

love the pictures and i hope that you are feeling some of the 2nd trimester relief. oh, and if you need a little rita sip on the side there's nothing wrong with that ;)

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet cute baby!!! I'm going to go for girl can't believe we have to wait so so long to find out :)!! It'll be so fun and worth it for you guys in the delivery room!

Meghan Giliam said...

Get ready to give pee everytime you go! But trust me, in the coming months it won't be a problem, lol!! You'll always have to go!

love the pics, can't wait until you get to meet him/her!

The DougFish said...

I love the pic of the feet too! Precious. As far as alchol I've been able to try some non-alcoholic beers I never know existed (besides O'Douls). Also, when you know a place definitely makes a good drink (ex. for me a bloody mary for brunch) I just order a virgin! One time it was better than Doug's original.